- “Why Representation Matters: The Meaning of Ethnic Quotas in Rural India“. Out now (March 2017) at Cambridge University Press.
Under Review / Working Papers
- “The Limited Impact of Information on Political Accountability: An Experiment on Financial Disclosures in India”. With Marko Klasnja and S.P. Harish. Available here.
- “The Cost of Political Competition: Electoral Handouts in Mumbai Elections“.
- “Is ‘Ethnic Politics’ Responsible for ‘Criminal Politics’? A Vignette-Experiment in North India”.
- “How Partisan is Political Brokerage in Rural India?” Joint with Neelan Sircar.
- What Costs So Much in Indian Elections? Intuitions From Recent Electoral Campaigns in Mumbai”.
- “Dilemmas & Challenges of Citizen Information Campaigns: Lessons from a Failed Experiment in India”.
- “Who Are “Brokers”? Low-level Party Officials and Their Role in Clientelism in Mumbai“.
Book Projects / Writing
- “Brokering the Vote in Urban India: Failed Clientelism and the Search for Alternative Strategies”, Outline here.
- “Influence in Rural India. An Experimental Approach”. (joint with Neelan Sircar).
Ongoing Data Collection
- “ Crowdsourcing Data on Campaign Finance in India“. Data collection in Mumbai.